Volunteer Positions Are Re-Opening!
If you are interested in volunteering, please fill out NHC VolunteerApplication and email it to [email protected]
“I am Paulette. It has been my privilege to volunteer at the Hospitality Center since it opened over 20 years ago. It is one of the great privileges of my life. I have always longed to communicate love and respect especially to those who are devalued by society. The Center allows for just that. Join us for the joy of it. Join us for the blessing.”
Who is eligible?
Volunteer positions are open to all individuals who meet the qualifications outlined below, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, or disability. Minimum age of 18 by the start of your volunteer service.
- Compassion to deal with difficult subject matter and those who are affected by it.
- Open-mindedness, respect, and patience to work with diverse public and staff.
- Integrity to represent the Center and oneself with the highest standards.
- Dedication to the Center’s mission.
- Reliability to consistently keep one’s volunteer commitment to the Center.
How you can get involved:
- Serve breakfast and coffee
- Organize and distribute mail
- Lead devotions
- Welcome and check-in clients
- Data entry and clerical work
- Food Pantry inventory and organization
- Collect much-needed food and items from your school, church group, scout troop, team, and community.
- Crusade for us! Come and see for yourself, and then spread the word to the community about who we are and what we do!
CURRENT INDIVIDUAL OPPORTUNITIES:
9 am to 12 pm – Mondays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays
Resource Desk volunteers maintain a hospitable and professional reception to everyone entering the Center; oversee activities of clients that take place during the shift, and ensure client needs are met. Resource desk volunteers greet and direct visitors, manage the shower and social services lists, ensure a clean and safe environment, and maintain the supply of appropriate client supplies at the front desk. This opportunity involves direct contact with clients.
Breakfast Kitchen Volunteers
6:30am to 8:15am Monday – Friday
Kitchen volunteers help to set up, serve, and clean up breakfast. Two volunteers work with our kitchen manager each day to serve an average of 85 clients each morning. This opportunity involves direct contact with clients.
Administrative and Mail Assistance
9:00 am to 12:00 pm Mondays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays
Dozens of clients stop by the Hospitality Center each day to pick up their mail. The mailroom is our busiest service each morning, and so we are looking for help giving out and recording mail. If you are interested in hearing more about this opportunity please email us at [email protected]!
Flexible- CURRENTLY NOT AVAILABLE
Do you love to organize? Does clutter drive you crazy? Then this position may be the perfect fit for you. We are in need of someone who can come once or twice a week (exact days and times are flexible) to help keep our pantry and storeroom organized, sorted, and stocked. The main responsibilities would include but not limited to: putting away donations in their proper place, sorting toiletries and putting together hygiene kits, checking expiration dates, etc.
If you are interested in volunteering, we would LOVE to meet with you!
Email us at [email protected] or call 610-277-1321 x107 for more information.
Let’s find out how we can serve Norristown together!
Without the hard work of our dedicated volunteers, we could not keep our doors open. Come and join us!