Work Program Coordinator
· Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
· Excellent organizational and problem-solving ability
· Respect to diversity
· Ability to inspire and motivate
- A job coach needs to be a good communicator and should be comfortable working with people of different age groups and from different backgrounds
- Good in researching the job market and identifying opportunities in the industry
- Ability to develop confidence in the job seekers
- Ability to handle more than one client simultaneously and provide satisfactory assistance
- Must possess database management skills and the ability to work with spreadsheets
- Develop strong community support and collaborative partnerships. Maintain effective linkages outside agency professionals and other community organizations.
- Ensure quality and integration of program components including job readiness;
- Coordinate training and
- Coordinate the delivery of a robust curriculum including career readiness.
- Conduct assessments and provide linkage, referral, and resources to overcome personal and professional barriers. Also, conduct follow-up assessments.
- Ensure that each participant completes the background check and a drug test
- Assist the job seekers in increasing their knowledge in a particular field and help them focus on the current requirements of the employers
- Reviewing the resumes and cover letters of the job seekers and providing comments and assisting them by preparing resumes when needed.
- Provide interview assistance to the job seekers as well
- May be involved in the planning, organization, and implementation of special events.
- Organize and maintain written documentation for program participants including case notes, weekly timesheets, and evaluative data.
- Monitor and evaluate the progress of clients
- Keep records and documentation and prepare appropriate reports
- Participate in staff training, supervisory, and staff meetings.
· Mentor the program member toward achieving 12+ months of employment and assist employers with the satisfying goal of reduced turnover and increased economic development. The will also assist program members in identifying goals and the means of meeting those goals toward achieving advancement and self-sufficiency.
· Support the program staff when needed.
· This position will directly report to the Executive Director.
This is currently a part-time position. A minimum of a bachelor’s degree is required. This position will be interfacing with the business community and possessing excellent communication skills is important.
- $18 to $20 Hourly