If you are interested in a position, please send your resume to [email protected]
JOB SUMMARY: The Development Coordinator will report to the Executive Director and will assist throughout the office when necessary. In this role, the Development Coordinator will become adept in stewardship activities related to non-profit fundraising and relationship management, including creating and implementing the fundraising, development, and communications strategy for Norristown Hospitality Center. The Development Coordinator will perform administrative duties related to fundraising, marketing, and public relations and will gain firsthand experience in strategic planning to increase the capacity of a small and growing non-profit organization. This role is entry-level and will serve as the catalyst for a successful career in non-profit fundraising and relationship management for the right candidate.
Norristown Hospitality Center is a volunteer-driven organization and the Development Coordinator will work closely with the Development Committee and other volunteers. We value relationship-based fundraising, and seek an individual whose goals are to become a well-recognized development professional. The Executive Director works closely with the Development Coordinator to establish and cultivate skills in the development field while accomplishing the development targets.
- Support event committees, including taking meeting minutes and sending them to committee members in a timely fashion. Work with committees and Director of Development in establishing and adhering to event budget, offer event insight where applicable, and attend events to assist in set up, implementation, and clean up.
- Volunteer recruitment, and supervision
- Enter all donations, cash/check / in kind on the gift works database.
- Regularly send thank you letters to donors.
- Coordinate affiliate social media outputs including event outreach, and visibility strategy.
- Perform administrative duties as needed including filing, copying, sorting, mailing, etc.
- Record the donations in an ongoing Donations Listing for the final report of the Annual Report; assist Executive Director in the creation of the Annual Report.
- Attend networking events with the Executive Director to increase your professional network, refine your relationship management skills, and enhance Norristown Ministries Inc., outreach and capacity.
- Other duties upon request.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience with organizing special events
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of social media tools: Facebook, Instagram, website management
- Ability to handle some flexible hours (weekdays, some evenings, and an occasional Saturday and Sunday to help with events)
- An understanding of and belief in, the mission of Norristown Hospitality Center
Skills and Qualifications:
- Knowledge of event management, processes, and available resources including social marketing and web-based strategies.
- Organizational, project planning, and leadership skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills: ability to interact effectively with community leaders, board members, corporate managers, prospects, donors, and a variety of volunteers.
- Must be able to coordinate multiple tasks and be open to new learning experiences.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and as part of a team.
- Creativity, drive, enthusiasm, and initiative to carry projects to conclusion.
- Strong knowledge Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to learn Bloomerang database management software required.
S/he will ensure the effectiveness and efficiency of all operations within the Day Shelter. The Program Manager will oversee a team of Case Managers and manage county relationships, and ensure meaningful case management services and on-site activities are offered to guests.
Under the supervision of the Executive Director, in cooperation with shelter staff and volunteers, responsibilities include the following:
- Provide oversight of the daily operation of Norristown Hospitality Center;
- Assist the Director in Recruiting, hiring, training and supervising program staff and volunteers within the guidelines of The Hospitality Center personnel policies;
- Coordinate and supervise client caseload and daily client needs;
- Coordinate and approve work schedules and timesheets;
- Organize and prepare bi-weekly staff meetings;
- Provide client management, back-up support to case managers as needed.
- Operate the programs within contract limitations and compile reports as required by funders;
- Approve normal operating and petty cash expenditures within the program budget;
- Participate in self-evaluation and program evaluation to better respond to client/community needs;
- Develop and maintain on-going working relationships with other community agencies;
- Work in coordination with the Director to provide leadership development and in-service training for staff and volunteers;
- Attend and inter-agency meetings
- Ensure that data is collected and input into appropriate systems
- Support property management in the areas of health and safety
- Identify systemic problems in program and administrative domains, guiding staff toward developing a plan of action that addresses the problem and documents the solution in the form of program policy.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum 2 years managerial experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience, preferably in a non-profit agency that serves homeless individuals
- Knowledge of working with people experiencing homelessness, addiction and mental illness
- Developed skills in crisis intervention;
- Proficient using all Microsoft Office programs.
- Experience with program management and staff supervision;
- Experience with non-profit, community-based agencies;
- Good working knowledge of social service agencies, including the government help system
- Ability to be self-motivated and work as part of a team
- May/Will necessitate working in busy and loud environments depending on position
- May need to bend, stoop, twist and sit throughout the day
- Regularly required to sit, stand, bend; occasionally lift or carry up to 35 lbs.
RESPONSIBILITIES COMMON TO ALL AGENCY EMPLOYEES
- Maintain a safe work environment and confidentiality at all times
- Be proactive, creative, and flexible in determining, evaluating, researching, and resolving issues
- Organize and prioritize multiple activities to meet all external and internal deadlines
- Maintain a professional demeanor that reflects positively on the agency
- Demonstrate respect and courtesy toward others
- Able to thrive in a work environment emphasizing teamwork and collaboration
- Respond in a timely manner in all aspects of communication
- Work with minimum supervision
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Schedule:Monday – Friday (8:00am – 4:00pm)