The following congregations are Foundational Congregations in their multidimensional support for the work of the Hospitality Center.
Grace Lutheran Church
Methacton Mennonite Church
Church on the Mall
Fairview Village Church of the Nazarene
Christ United Methodist Church
Lower Providence Presbyterian Church
Philadelphia District Church of the Nazarene
Twenty-four Catholic, Protestant and Jewish Congregations founded the NMI HC in January 1992 as a better answer to the poor and homeless than responding to these children of god at the doors of congregational buildings. Today, congregations and congregation members remain at the core of support for this ministry that receives no government funding.
In order for a congregation to become a Foundational Congregation in support of the poor and homeless through the Center, there are 5 requirements: 3 fixed and 2 additional from a list of 8 items.
The 3 Fixed Requirements:
- Pray for those experiencing homelessness and poverty, and the work of the Hospitality Center.
- Provide a congregation member who will serve as a Center Advocate.
- Fund the Center at a rate of $100/month or more.
The 8 Flexible Requirements, from which any 2 are required:
- Mission Moment in worship at least every other year.
- Yellow Bags filled and returned to the Center. ( See
- On-site visit at the Center by Pastor/Priest/Rabbi.
- On-site visit by one or more congregational leaders.
- Center representative visit congregational group.
- Collect items needed by the Center.
- Center representative at congregational event.
- Congregational Advocate on NMIHC Board.
If you and your congregation are interested in becoming a Foundational Congregation, please contact the Executive Director at [email protected] or 610-277-1321 x 101.