View a comprehensive service list here.
The Norristown Hospitality Center has expanded its programs to address poverty and homelessness in these categories:
- Basic Needs– The Hospitality Center provides numerous services and supplies five days a week to alleviate the day-to-day stress of poverty and homelessness, including breakfast, showers, bathrooms, toiletries, and clothing.
- Health & Wellness– In partnership with local health organizations and businesses, the Hospitality Center offers free medical services on a regular basis.
- Case Management & Social Services– The on-site case managers meet one-on-one with clients to address their mental and emotional health in order to address the root of their situations. The Hospitality Center case managers also maintain relationships with local organizations to refer clients.
- Job Preparedness– The Arize Workforce Development Program prepares clients to get and maintain a job through a weeklong workshop led by local professionals. Those that complete the weeklong program also receive one-on-one professional support from a staff member up to a year after employment.
- Code Blue Shelter– Located in the First Presbyterian Church at Norristown, the Hospitality Center’s Code Blue Shelter operates from November to March on nights 35 degrees or lower. The Code Blue Shelter is available to any individual that needs shelter during the winter.